Today during our Writer's Workshop time, we read The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn and we discussed how thankful we are for our moms! We talked a little bit about the different things we call our moms, and all of the things that they do to help us and show us that they love us.
- My mom helps me set up my bed. -Kobe
- My mom helps me clean my room. -Annie
- My mom makes me cookies. -Sophia
- My mom goes to the store with me. -Colin
- My mom helps me get ready for school. -Angela
- My mom helps me when I get hurt. -Emily J.
- My mom makes the best dinner. -Aekas
- My mom goes to church with me. -Emily M.
- My mom goes to the pool with me. -Ashlyn
- My mom helps me clean. -Kelvin
- My mom cleans up my messes. -Tony
We made a special surprise for our moms today (check your child's Friday Folder!) and Miss Kloczko was so excited about how well the first graders were writing independently. Here are some things she was especially impressed with:
- Trying to spell hard words by ourselves (and writing "sp" above, so that we know to ask for help before we publish)
- Stamina... writing for a long time without stopping!
Families, friends, first graders... post a comment below telling us why you are thankful for your mom!