Friday, May 13, 2016

Teacher Appreciation Week and the Sacramento Zoo!


We made a sloth for Fun Friday. -Fabiana

We learned about the keel-billed toucan. It has a special feet for grasping branches and hopping. -Indigo

We learned about the spider monkey. -Parker

We read Where is the Party? You should read it because it has a surprise ending. -Anshika

We put rosettes on a jaguar. Rosettes are spots. -Cooper

We took a spelling test with some consonant-l-e words and kn words and igh words. -Damion

We made scarlet macaws. -Lea

We learned that the keel-billed toucan grabs onto its food and then flips it into its mouth. -Anahi

On writer's workshop today we wrote on fancy paper. -Mati

Spider monkeys have long arms to reach branches. -Jaykob

We went on a field trip but I didn't go. Allyson's mom sent pictures to my mom and she sent a picture of an animal with a pink stomach that looked like a rat. It was on its back. -Juan Carlos

We learned a new signal word, security. -Alex


A keel-billed toucan's beak is colorful. -Aaqil

There is going to be a show at the end of the year of America songs. -Ryan

We learned new songs. I like them. My favorite is the first one. -Jared

At the zoo we saw a jaguar and its tail was missing. -Jade

We saw a real red panda and it was cute. -Tanaya

When we were doing the songs, one of the songs is "American Symbols on Parade." We saw a snow leopard at the zoo. -Tianna

My favorite animals at the zoo were the snow leopard and the giraffes. -Kendall

At the zoo, we dropped our scavenger hunt paper in the tortoise cage. -Allyson

I finished my America book this week! -Carol

I finished my America book too! -Jules

It was Teacher Appreciation week and we made our teacher happy. -Isandro

On Friday for Writer's Workshop, we did writing all about us. -Nya

My favorite animals from the zoo were the jaguar, lion, and snow leopard. -Cedrus

I got to stay in from recess for the first time to help my teacher with finishing my sloth and offering to help clean the classroom up. -Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment