Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Love to Oil Paint (Student Blogger: Thomas)


I love to oil paint.  My Papa Mike is an artist and he started teaching me how to paint when I was 5 years old.  I entered my first oil painting in the CA State Fair last year and I got 3rd place. It was cool to have my painting up during the fair.
Tommy Painting.jpgIMG_0847.JPG
I like using the fan brush to make grass and bushy trees. I have to be very careful when I paint because oil paint will not come out of my clothes.  I have to be very careful with my paintings because they can take a month to dry.  I just entered 3 more paintings in the fair this year.  Two of my paintings are of Africa because when I was working on them I was learning about it in class. My last painting is of Big Trees State Park. I go there every summer with my family.

Thomas Africa 2015.jpgTommy Lion Painting 2015.jpgThomas Big Trees Painting 2015.jpg

12 comments:

  1. Dear Thomas,
    Your paintings are beautiful! I really like the one of Big Trees State Park. It makes me want to visit there and see it in real life! About how long does it take for you to complete one painting? Amazing paintings and awesome blog post!
    Love,
    Miss Kloczko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a couple of weeks for finish a painting. I have to wait a few days for different parts of the painting to dry before I start on the next part.

      Delete
  2. Such a talented kid! Definitely doesn't take after his dad! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud! Great job buddy! I love to see your art work all over the house 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas, these are truly amazing. Katherine and I love each one of them. You are very talented. Good luck at the State Fair. We will look around for your paintings.

    Sincerely,
    Sara (Katherine's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas you are very artistic and your paintings are beautiful!!! Jacob loves the Big Tree State Park. He loves the colors, and the water and he thinks it's very pretty! I wish I would have known you were entered in the State Fair. Congratulations! Jacob can't wait to see you painting there this summer. He says you are really good at art!! Thank you, Jacob and his Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas - Your paintings are amazing! I loved seeing them at your house. You are so talented and we look forward to seeing them at the fair this summer.
    Mr. Wood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thomas - I am so impressed with your paintings! I hope you will be coming to PFAA in 6th grade!
    Ms. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tommy, I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work! Stay awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Thomas,
    Wow! Your paintings are beautiful. Do you paint from a photograph or just from your mind? I would love to see them in person. I also love that you are painting about things you are learning in school! Great blog post, too! Do you have a favorite painting?
    Mrs. Kloczko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Thomas,
    Your paintings simply amaze me. Have you taught a painting lesson in your class yet? I bet you'd be a great teacher.
    Ms. Chase

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Thomas,
    Your paintings are beautiful and impressive! I am thankful to Mrs. Kloczko for sharing this blog with me. I look forward to seeking your paintings out at the state fair.
    Mrs. McClure

    ReplyDelete