Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Our Trip to the IMAX Theater


Today we went to see Born to Be Wild in IMAX 3D, a documentary about people who rescue and raise orphaned elephants and orangutans and prepare them to return to the wild. The kids LOVED it. Here's what we had to say about our field trip!

  • My favorite part was when the baby orangutans were climbing in the trees and when the soccer ball looked like it was coming towards our faces. -Hailey
  • My favorite part was when the title of the movie was coming right at us. -Milana
  • I liked when the little monkey kissed its mommy. -Ariana
  • My favorite part was when the people and the elephants were playing soccer. -Cedric, Thomas, Wesley, Noah T.
  • I liked the part when the monkey was swinging on the trees coming toward us. -Ainsley
  • My favorite part was when the purple ball was coming right at your face. -Parker
  • My favorite part was when the orangutan was trying to reach the other tree and the tree fell down. -Jacquelyn
  • I want to help koalas and pandas like the people in the movie helped elephants and orangutans. -Jacob
  • My favorite part was when the elephant kicked the ball and with our 3D glasses it looked like it was going to hit me in the face. -Milo
  • I liked when the orangutan was stealing the lady's food. -Leila
  • I liked when the baby orangutans were playing on the jungle gym. They have to use to jungle gym to learn how to climb trees and swing on vines so they can survive in the wild. -Sarah
  • I liked when the orangutan was eating the soap. -AJ
  • I liked seeing the orangutans' real habitat. -Eliana
  • My favorite part was when the orangutan was drinking one bottle of milk and accidentally poured the other bottle on himself. -Amaru
  • I remember learning at school that elephants take dust baths to protect them from the sun and that was in the movie. It's like their kind of sunscreen. -Jalen
  • I liked the part when the elephant got carried by the people into an airplane and got rescued. -Emma
  • I saw the elephants use their trunks to drink water and reach branches to eat. -Katherine
  • I liked the part when the elephant was drinking milk and holding the bottle with his trunk. -Noah K.
  • It scared me when the ball was coming toward us when the elephants kicked it. -Michael
  • I liked when they rescued the elephant and took it to the orphanage safely. I loved when they got to return to the wild. It was sad, but it was happy, too. -Olivia
  • I liked the part when the humans fed the baby orangutan with a bottle of milk. I liked that the baby orangutans wore diapers. -Isaiah
  • I remember that elephants live in savannas, and it showed elephants in savannas in the movie. -Analisa
  • The baby elephant was scared when the people first rescued him so he ran into them, and the elephant didn't know that the people were trying to help him. -Thomas
  • I want to take care of a giraffe one day like the people in the movie took care of the elephants and orangutans. -Courtney
  • I liked how the elephants show that they love each other with their trunks. -Rohin
  • It's amazing that these humans raised the elephant and orangutans orphans, yet they were still able to prepare them to survive in the wild. And it was so cool to see animals we learned about up close in 3D! -Miss Kloczko
Did you join us on our trip? Do you think you'd like to see this movie? Leave a comment below!

Mrs. Kahler's first graders also wrote a blog post about Born to Be Wild!

*Miss Kloczko must approve all comments.
** Remember to sign your name at the end of your comment, so we know who's commenting! 


2 comments:

  1. I loved coming to see the IMAX "Born to Be Wild" 3-D movie with you all today. My favorite part was when the older orphaned elephants welcomed the baby orphaned elephants into their family. It was heartwarming. (Milana's mom, Lisa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been a wonderful documentary because you gave me some delightful comments on the scenes that you liked. Wish I had seen it with you...
    Amaru's Grandma.

    ReplyDelete