Thursday, October 6, 2016

Hello, Fall and Hello, Asia!

Our first week learning about Asia! So much fun in only four days of school! Here's what we were up to this week!

I wrote almost a whole page in my notebook today during writing. -Henry

Pandas eat 20 pounds of bamboo every day. -Sam

We watched a panda video. The panda was bleating! -Antonio

We learned that pandas live in forests in mountains and we read this cool story with a panda bear and polar bear. The polar bear fell down the snowy mountain. -Noora

We learned the word sluggish. It means slow and tired. -Ella

We read by ourselves this week. -Brielle

My favorite thing this week was getting a new team. I'm on the tigers. -Oscar

Jacob and I read stories to the class. -Jonah

We did a marshmallow contest—the marshmallow challenge. -Carson

We learned about true and false in math. -Lilliana

We learned about giant pandas. They have a big wrist bone that acts like a thumb. -Alexis

We watched a couple of panda videos and learned all about them. -Ginger

We are learning about the panda. Babies are born pink and without hair. -Lucia

We did a special world map for Asia. -Jacob

We got to write about two dogs playing in leaves. -Aiden

I got to read my dinosaur book during reading time. -Gino

We watched a video with a baby panda crying and squealing. -Sophia M.

On Monday, we did the marshmallow challenge. I just wanted to eat the marshmallow, but it was an exercise for self-control, so I waited until the end, and then I got to eat two. It was worth the wait. -Sophia D.

We learned all about pandas. Their cubs are as big as butter. -Owen

We did F is for Fireworks for our America books. -Savannah

Our first math unit is officially finished, we delivered kindness capes to kindergarten for Kind Kids Club, and I had the best time reading these kids' writing all week long! AND I got the most thoughtful gifts this week-- goodies from Alaska, sweet notes and drawings, and a beautiful sunflower from Apple Hill! Thank you, first graders, for a wonderful week before Fall Break! What in the world am I going to do for 5 days without you? :) -Miss Kloczko

Thanks for reading! Leave us a comment if you have a minute!
Parents, check out What's Coming Up? to read about next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment