Monday, September 29, 2014

Some Things Are Scary


Last week, we read the book Some Things Are Scary by Florence Parry Heide, which gave us a bunch of ideas for scary things to write about, like grabbing someone's hand and realizing that it doesn't belong to your mom or dad or stepping on something squishy with your bare feet! Today, during Writer's Workshop we wrote our own stories in our notebooks about a time when we felt scared! I picked a few to publish on our class blog. :)

One time my mom asked my brother to feed my dog. He was not there! So we had to drive around the neighborhood and some boys had my dog. And the little boy said “Yay, we got a new dog!” We asked for him back nicely and they said yes. The END.
By Milo


One day I went on a walk with my dog. And Pasha stopped. I looked and I saw a snake! I ran as fast as I could.
By AJ

Once I was walking my grandma’s dog, Amigo. Then Amigo stopped at a field. I wondered what was in the field. It was a RABBIT BONE! I was so scared that I told him to drop the bone and he did, so we never saw that rabbit bone again.
By Emma

One time I got stuck up in a tree. And then I tried to get down. It was too scary. Then my dad helped me get down from the tree!
By Rohin

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment for our first grade authors! What did you think of their stories? Can you tell us about a time when you felt scared?


2 comments:

  1. I am glad everyone had a good ending to their scary moments. Jacob's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad all of your scary moments turned out to be okay! (Milana's Mom)

    ReplyDelete