Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bump!

Getting a flat tire Sunday night was not a fun experience, but it did inspire some pretty awesome first grade writing! I started writing my story on Monday morning in front of the first graders, but I only told them the first word—"bump!" Then they made predictions about what happened next in my story:

  • something fell on the roof
  • a car bumped another car
  • a dog bumped its head
  • a dog bumped something and it fell and broke
  • a creeper (in Minecraft) bumped the wall
  • a Pokemon bumped the ground when it fell from the sky

I continued writing my flat tire story in front of the kids, and then they went back to their seats to write their own "bump" stories... 


Bump! First I threw the bowling ball. It hit the ground and it rolled. It did not stop until it hit the pins. It knocked down 10 bowling pins.
-Michael

Bump! Something hit my head. I looked and there was snow on my head because my dad hit my head with a snowball! So we had a great snowball fight... (PS I won the snowball fight!)
-Emma

Bump! My car hit another car! Boom! It exploded. I called 911. They saved the day!
-Parker






No comments:

Post a Comment