Saturday, March 29, 2014

Student Blogger: Oceana (Butterfly Post #2)



Today at my house the doorbell rang. My mom opened the door. There were caterpillars! They were in a box. When I looked at them they had a lot of spikes. If you look at the picture, you can see the brown stuff in the cup is their food. They will turn into Painted Lady butterflies. I thought the caterpillars were going to turn into Monarch butterflies, but instead they will turn into Painted Lady butterflies. They will look pretty much like a Monarch butterfly. It will take 7-10 days for the caterpillars to harden into chrysalides. Then in 7-10 more days they will turn into butterflies. After they turn into butterflies, I have to wait 2 hours for them to stretch their wings before I can touch them. I can't wait!

Love,
Oceana

2 comments:

  1. when the caterpillars turn into butterfly's tell me about them so I can learn about them.
    love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Annie! This is an awesome opportunity for you to witness a chrysalides turn into a butterfly. I hope you can share more, about it later.

    ReplyDelete